Vegan ricotta is so easy to make!
Starting with the Simple Veganista recipe, I added a little soy milk and almond flour as my own contributions because nuts are pricey these days.
The blanched almond flour was only three or so dollars at the grocery store as opposed to $14 for whole blanched almonds bought in a package.
Double the recipe to stuff a large box of pasta shells.
- 1 ½ cups cashews, pre-soaked in hot water for five minutes
- 1 cup soy milk (or any plant-based milk)
- ½ cup almond flour
- juice of 1 lemon or 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 – 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 small garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Himalayan sea salt & cracked pepper, to taste
Blend: Drain cashews and blend with all other ingredients until creamy.
Chill: You can use the mixture right away, or refrigerate in a covered container until ready to use.
This recipe makes approximately 2 cups, but doubling is recommended, not only to be able to stuff a large box of pasta shells but also because you will soon find other uses for your vegan ricotta.